We look forward to working with you.
Welcome to Brooks Alternative Agency Inc where we are devoted to improving the quality of life for the individuals we serve. If you would like to be a part of a caring and dedicated company, please look at our job listings to select a position that is perfect for you.
We are always looking for talented individuals who are excited to help others. It is our goal to connect caring and talented individuals with patients in need so that all parties can flourish.
- Minimum 18 years of age – AND –
- Complete State/Federal Criminal Background checks and Central Registry checks
- Valid driver’s license and abstract (not to exceed 5 points) if driving is required
- Pass a Drug Test
- Pass a Child and Adult Abuse Clearance
- Completion of provided training
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Outstanding organizational and people skills.
- Support from staff to enable an individual to attend an event, take a class, etc.
- Support from staff to assist an individual participating in activities such as: assistance incompleting activities of daily living, ordering off a menu, purchasing items, learning basiccooking, laundry skills, etiquette, travel training, accessing activities in the community, etc.
- One-on-one tutoring
- Support on a job site to assist in basic self-care, social skills, and activities of daily living.
- Medication Reminders (upon completion of required training)
- Location : New Jersey & PA
- Facility : TBD
- Professional Area : Support Services & Home Care
- Department : Supportive Services
- Schedule : Full Time/Part-Time/Per Diem
- Pay Rate : TBD
The Supports Coordinator will engage individuals and their families in the development of plans that assure the needs and wishes of the consumers are addressed and life opportunities expanded. Supports Coordinators assist in the choice of services and supports, coordinate the provision of services and supports, and monitor the delivery of services and supports. This employee will promote individuality, choice and control. This position will be performed consistently with the values, principals and philosophy of The Everyday Lives Publications, Quality Progressions, and all applicable policies and procedures. The employee will have a strong foundation of experience in providing supports coordination or services to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities. This employee will have a strong belief that people with disabilities can achieve outcomes, have value, and contribute to their community. All decisions and actions of the employee will be consistent with the agency mission statement and will be completed with a customer service focus. The employee must be proficient in the use of computers and with HCSIS.
- Effective Oral Communication
- Effective Written Communications
- Technical Communications
- Interpersonal Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Customer Service
- Excellent Organization & Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- File Management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge of Databases preferred
- Ability to pass background screens
- A reliable car
- Degree: A Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field.
- Prior human services work experience is helpful.
- Completes assessments to identify each person’s needs and desires. This will include the use of formal and informal tools to gather information needed to assist the person to identify their needs and wishes.
- Assists the person to develop their Individual Support Plan and personal budget. Updating the ISP as needed and at least annually. This is to be completed with a person centered approach.
- Supports the person to identify the outcomes they need to achieve and assures that the ISP addresses these.
- Identifies the services that will meet the customer’s needs. Completes the referrals. Coordinates the services the person is receiving. Resolves any barriers to the delivery of service. This involves knowing a fully array of options and knowing where to learn of others as needs and interest warrant.
- Monitors the services to assure they are being delivered as planned and that the outcomes that were identified are being achieved. Monitors to assure the person is safe and in the best possible health.
- Assists in identifying and sustaining the person’s support network including family, friends, and associates.
- Assists in arranging for and effectively managing generic resources and generic supports.
- Assists in identifying and developing community resources to preserve the person’s well-being in the home and community.
- Awareness of The Everyday Lives Publications, and Quality Progressions and all other applicable policies and procedures.
- Attends training and continues to remain knowledgeable about current best practices in services to support people with mental retardation.
- Trains families and consumers on their rights and due process.
- Develops a professional working relationship with the families and consumers on their caseload. This involves getting to know each person we support.
- Maintains a customer service focus. This involves meeting with consumers and their family at their availability.
- Completion of all other duties that are needed to support the consumers and their family and Quality Progressions.
- Oversight and assistance given to FDSS grants.
- Takes initiative and exhibits leadership.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Location : New Jersey & PA
- Facility : TBD
- Professional Area : Case Management
- Department : Case Management
- Schedule : Full Time/Part-Time